Cannabidiol (CBD) has become increasingly popular in recent years because of its numerous potential health benefits. CBD is known to help with pain, anxiety, depression, seizures, and inflammation, among other things. However, one question that is often asked by people who consume CBD is how long it stays in their system.
CBD is available in various forms, including tinctures, capsules, topicals, and edibles. Edibles are a popular way of consuming CBD because they are discreet, easy to use, and come in a variety of flavors. However, the effects of edible CBD may last longer than other forms of CBD, and it may take longer for the body to eliminate the compound.
In this article, we will discuss how long edible CBD stays in your system and what factors can affect its duration.
How Does CBD Work in the Body?
Before we dive into how long edible CBD stays in the system, it's important to understand how CBD works in the body. CBD interacts with the body's endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is responsible for regulating various physiological and cognitive functions, such as mood, appetite, pain, and sleep.
The ECS consists of two main receptors, CB1 and CB2. CB1 receptors are primarily found in the brain and central nervous system, while CB2 receptors are primarily found in the immune system and peripheral tissues.
When CBD is consumed, it interacts with both CB1 and CB2 receptors, as well as other receptors in the body, to produce its effects. CBD does not produce any psychoactive effects, meaning it does not cause the "high" associated with THC, the compound found in marijuana.
How Long Does Edible CBD Stay in Your System?
The duration that edible CBD stays in the system can vary depending on several factors, such as the dose, frequency of use, body weight, metabolism, and overall health. Generally, the effects of edible CBD can last anywhere from 2 to 6 hours, but it can take up to 24 hours for the compound to fully leave the body.
There are several reasons why the effects of edible CBD may last longer than other forms of CBD. One reason is that edibles are absorbed through the digestive system, which can take longer than other methods of consumption, such as vaping or sublingual administration. Another reason is that the liver metabolizes CBD, which can also affect its duration.
Factors That Affect How Long Edible CBD Stays in Your System
- Dose: The higher the dose of edible CBD, the longer it may stay in the body.
- Frequency of use: Regular use of edible CBD may increase the amount of time it stays in the system.
- Body weight: People with a higher body weight may metabolize CBD slower, which can affect its duration.
- Metabolism: The faster a person's metabolism, the quicker they may eliminate CBD from their system.
- Overall health: People with liver or kidney problems may metabolize CBD slower, which can affect its duration.
How to Speed Up the Elimination of Edible CBD
If you are concerned about how long edible CBD stays in your system, there are a few things you can do to help speed up its elimination:
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water can help flush out the compound from the body.
- Exercise: Physical activity can help increase metabolism and eliminate CBD from the body.
- Eat a healthy diet: Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins can help support liver function and metabolism.
- Take liver support supplements: Supplements such as milk thistle and N-acetylcysteine (NAC) can help support liver function and eliminate toxins from the body.
In conclusion, the duration that edible CBD stays in your system can vary depending on several factors, such as the dose, frequency of use, body weight, metabolism, and overall health. Generally, the effects of edible CBD can last anywhere from 2 to 6 hours, but it can take up to 24 hours for the compound to fully leave the body.
If you are concerned about how long edible CBD stays in your system, it is important to talk to your healthcare provider. They can provide you with more information on how CBD may affect your body and any potential interactions with medications or underlying health conditions.
✅Highest quality Products!
✅More About CBD